Monday, June 25, 2012

Streetcar update: Killed, but not dead yet

Charlotte City Council just voted 6-4 for a budget that doesn't include a $119 million expansion of the city's streetcar project. (See my earlier post here.)

Then Mayor Anthony Foxx vetoed that vote. What happens next? The council reconsiders the veto at its next meeting – 6:30 p.m. today. It takes 7 votes to override a veto. Council member James Mitchell is not here but he has been a streetcar supporter. Unless something changes (always possible) the streetcar is not dead yet.

Must go now; Patrick Cannon is finally saying something. He's been quiet so far.

2 comments:

karin said...

How about making buses sexy?

Anonymous said...

Manager Walton overreached. Councilmember Howard overkilled.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.